These loans are designed for the Self Employed.
These loans are designed for self employed people. A Lo Doc Home Loan means less paperwork than a regular home loan.
Lo Doc loans (including Non-Conforming Loans) have been designed especially to help borrowers who do not meet “standard” lending criteria. For example, you do not have up to date financial documents (i.e. tax returns) that would support your loan application.
The main differences between a “Lo Doc” loan and a “Full Doc” home loan are:
- The maximum loan is usually at 80% of the value of the property.
- Must have ABN (2 years) and registered for GST
- Lender Mortgage Insurance (LMI) applies for loan amounts between 60 -80% loan to value ratio (LVR).
- Some lenders also charge a higher interest rate for these products.
- When customers are able to show their tax assessments, then the lender may reduce the interestrate on the loan.